Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom!

Happy 4th of July!  I love this holiday for all that it symbolizes: freedom, independence, the rights of individuals, yet all under an umbrella of respect for one another, justice, and "the American way" of life.  I love the fireworks, the sounds of summer that accompany the celebration, and a few hours away from the grind of everyday life to think and reflect on the blessings I enjoy with my loved ones.


With that came the discovery yesterday that a long-time friend had not only passed away suddenly, but was being eulogized at the very moment I found out about his death.  So I'm still coming to grips with the meaning of his death and how his family is probably coping, as I didn't have the opportunity to spend time with them.

*Sigh*

I think of all the loved ones that died for the cause of freedom - how their families must've individually ached so I can enjoy my life.  I think of things happening around me - decisions to be made - loved ones to be cared for - life that I can enjoy because of the bountiful blessings I have.

I am thankful.  I am blessed.  I have hope.  
God Bless America - and Happy Birthday to YOU!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment