Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life is just TOO SHORT to be anything but... :)


A wise person once said... 

There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.  You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.  So, love the people who treat you right; pray for the ones who don't.  Life is too short to be anything but content.  Falling down is a part of life; getting back up is living.

I love social media for all the profound insights that land in my lap... top.  Yes, there are a lot of messages and information to skim through, or save 'til later, but that statement made me 
That was posted by a friend as their Facebook profile statement with the words "~repost if you agree" at the end.  YEAH.  I like that quote.

~REPOST.  J

Life is too short to be anything but content.  
When I saw the quote, the last word of that sentence was happyLife is too short to be anything but happy.   Not a bad goal at all.  Happy is a good thing.  I like happy.  I really like BEING happyJ  I want everyone around me to be happyJ  

While I enjoy being happy and enjoying the whole context of the word happy, being happy can also be so fleeting.  Life dishes out 'way too many surprises without notice, which are real happy-robbers.  It’s kind of like riding a roller coaster up the happy-hill to the top, then whoosh – down you go back into reality.   The whole context of happy just seems to move on too quickly - unfortunately.  The context of joy wasn't exactly the word that fit for me there either.  While joy is long-lasting, it too can be robbed quickly by well- and not-so-well-meaning folks around me.

So I go back to a personal goal of life that I wrote about in a previous blog
CONTENT.  
Whatever life throws at me, be it mud or whatever, I really want to rise above getting the muck of life stuck on me to a level that I can dwell at. For me, that level is contentment.  Contentment is a bit tougher to steal and easier to rest in once you’ve found it.

 Life is too short to be anything but content.   It sure is… J



No comments:

Post a Comment