Friday, April 29, 2011

Ohhhh, the hats.... :)

My daughter's name is Kate.  My one, my only.  We chose the name simply because we liked it.  Little did I know when we chose that name how famous it would be one day... today.

Today was the day for a royal wedding.  People all over our area turned on their TVs, streaming media, and networking devices at 4am to watch a one-in-a-lifetime event: the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate, now known as Duchess Katherine.  No.  I wasn't one of those.  My preferred activity at that hour is sleeping, which I actively pursued this morning at that time.  But, after I got up and had a cup of fresh coffee in my hand, I flipped on the TV to watch... The Weather Channel, just like I do every morning...

but only long enough to see what my day was going to be like (sunny & cool), because I was as curious as everyone else about what this extravaganza media event was going to look like.

The dress - NICE.  Sleeves - FULL sleeves, which I really like...

There'll be a lot of girls wearing that style during the next few years, for sure.  What a long aisle to walk - WOOT!!  I'd want my Nikes or New Balance on to really enjoy it.  High heels + that distance = OUCH OUCH OUCH...

The best part of the show?? Ohhh, hands down and heads up - the HATS!!!  Even in the beautiful photo above, the plethora of interesting headgear abounds.... Oh boy oh boy oh boy - I'm looking forward to late-night commentary just to hear if anyone says anything about the heads in Westminster Abbey today.

The winner??? Well, it looks like Princess Beatrice and her bizarre headress take the award for that category, although there were some close runners-up.  Okay, as one who avoids hats as much as possible, I have to ask: What WAS she... thinking????  Where and how do you store something like that... hat...

but there were plenty of very beautiful and very interesting headdresses - in abundance - for this very elegant affair.  Very scenic at the top level, for sure...

Once in a very great while there's an occasion where an event has something interesting and novel to view, and today's event was certainly worth looking up above eye level to see how people chose to top off their outfits...

No comments:

Post a Comment