Saturday, April 16, 2011

Why you shouldn't blog when you're hungry...

Nacho... 
Cheese...
Doritos®...  


*sigh* 
My favorite food. And since this type of food is usually preceeded by the word "junk", maybe I should rethink my choice...
Not.

As a sinkeater from time to time, Doritos® are just the right size, right shape, right crunch, right flavor to satisfy my on-the-go cravings for not-sweet, not-messy, not-complicated yummies for my tummy. Not too hot, not too cold, this red bag of enticement is always - yes always - just right for a quick grab by this gal on the go.


Unlike many foods that I happily pick at, or take a spoonful of this and that to taste, when my red Doritos® bag is opened it's my bag to finish with great gusto and PLEASE... keep your hands off my Doritos!! I've been known to provide a big 'ol frowny face for those who can't keep their hands to themselves. grrrrrrrrr... :)

I have so many fond memories of Nacho Cheese Doritos®. Their history is part of my own heritage. I was a teenager when they were introduced and, for a kid raised on basic potato chips, THIS was a novelty to be embraced and chewed on. As a free-thinkingly independent teen (as the vast majority are), I loved to be identified with a bright red bag of not just p.chips, but NACHO chips. Spicy... Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

I remember long walks with friends as we each munched our crunchiness of choice. Road trips in the back seat of the car - watching out the window and happily munching as the world sped by. Times with kids and evenings with friends always look and taste better with that red bag of spicy delights on the table (or in my lap, with my hand going in and out with refills for my eagerly-awaiting mouth).  


Doritos® are great in recipes and fit right in with any occasion - any time - any mouth. Social media likes them on Facebook and tweets to peeps about them on Twitter


All this talk about Doritos® is really working on my tummy...  
****Grrrrroowwwwlllll...***


Think I'll find myself a nice red bagful of pleasure and create some more good memories with the contents... nom nom nom...

3 comments:

  1. Sandy, you blog?! This makes my heart happy!

    You'll be proud to know that John & I took advantage of the B1G1 sale on Doritos this past week at Meijer; of course nacho cheese was our flavor of choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doritos are AMAZING crushed up on taco salad.....but the white cheddar cheetos are my ultimate favorite. That, or the straight up salty - lays or ruffles. I bet there's a personality test in here somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHH yeahhhhhh...
    Amber: I LOVE Meiger B1G1F on Doritos - our freezer always gets a few bags for later. :)
    Kate: AGREE...... for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete